Thursday, 27 December 2012

Christmas Food

Rebel that I am, we had lamb for Christmas dinner, and very nice it was as well.  It has been served up twice, and is now finished.  I am not combing recipe books for desperate ways to use up leftover meat before it walks out of the fridge by itself. 

I would feel quite smug about that if I hadn't gone stupid over the veg.  I am now frantically combing recipe books for ideas on using up carrots and parsnips.

The last should be used up with sausages and peas tonight, peeled, stirred around in some oil with a few shakes of curry powder and then roasted for around 40 minutes in a hot oven. 

After that it is just how to use up the frozen sprouts.  I think I will follow the traditional route and throw them out in July.  It's what I did last year, and the year before that, and the year before that...




No comments:

Post a Comment