Tuesday, 11 December 2012

High Gravity Day

Today is a High Gravity Day.  It is the sort of day when you should never pick up china.  So far I have averaged dropping about a third of everything I have picked up, or at least that is what it seems.  I have dropped cups, cardboard boxes, bags and a bottle of white spirit.  I have knocked over tubs, bowls and cups.  I am an accident magnet. 

As I am not always very focused on the present I rely on routines to get me through the day-to-day stuff.  I have a rigid routine every morning and it is now instinctive otherwise my son would never have made it to school with all the kit he needed.  As it was it took me two goes to make his sandwiches, the first lot of bread landed on the floor, butter side down!

And even when I called in quickly in the local shops I wasn't safe.  It is really embarrassing to knock over a full stand of wrapping paper in the middle of Christmas shopping rush. 

Today is the sort of day when it isn't safe for me to be in the kitchen. 

I am taking this as a sign that today is a really good day to sit at a keyboard and get some writing in.  Fingers crossed that I don't break the compu....

No comments:

Post a Comment