Friday, 27 November 2015

Burning Up

Image courtesy of Tallia22 of www.freeimages.com

"Are you sure you're okay, ma'am?" The policeman was trying to be kind. 
"It's the shock." His colleague said quietly. 
"Would you like a tea or a coffee?  We've called a neighbour over to sit with you if you need it."
"I'm fine." I said, trying to breathe normally.
"There'll be a lot of press speculation." The first policeman said.  "We've had a lot of calls.  I suggest you get a legal representative and get a statement drafted.  Don't feel you have to answer any calls."
"I think my husband has a solicitor." I said, then corrected myself.  "He had a solicitor."
"He was in a hotel with his secretary, I believe some sort of business trip.  She may want to talk to you but perhaps it's best if you don't speak straight away." The second policeman was trying to judge if I knew about my husband's affair. 
"There will have to be an inquest, of course." The first policeman was watching me carefully.  "Perhaps you should sit down."
I looked at him blankly.  This was all so unexpected.  "Would you like a cup of tea or coffee?" I asked the police.  "I've got some biscuits in."
The police exchanged glances.  "I'll put the kettle on." The second policeman said calmly.  "I'm sure I'll be able to find everything."
"You need to aware that the internet have taken this up as a case of spontaneous combustion.  Someone filmed it on their phone.  I wouldn't look at it, if I were you, ma'am, it's distressing." The first policemen gently eased me into a chair.  "We are going to have to take some samples, the people are on their way, we'll be as discreet as possible.  It will all be returned to you."
"Whatever you need, officer." I murmured.  A cup of over sweetened tea was pushed into my hand.  "Take whatever you need."

Because they would find nothing.  I kept my diaries on my laptop which was currently at work.  I kept my tools in my friend's garage.  And no-one believed that 'How to Cast Spells and Influence People' was a book that actually worked.

3 comments:

  1. Love it, I am seriously considering casting spells on hubby's family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnificently pointed and delivered. A wonderful revenge. Loved it

    ReplyDelete