Friday 2 February 2018

As It Should Be



Tell me again, about the fight
And how you fought it to the damnation
See me writing how you fought the fight
And I look on and nod in admiration.

Hey, look at you, I lean in closer
You fought the fight and here I am admiring
You are the destiny, I just cook the meals
You come home to a hero’s welcome

And as I scurry round to find the feast
And wonder whether the wine will last the night
Tell me again about the fight
And I’ll make sure an audience awaits.

I do a thousand thousand tiny works,
I find your shield and shirt and sword
And lay in preparations for your feast
And wonder if I’ve done enough

So here you are, hero and warrior wild
And I am grateful that you stoop to me.
You are the centre of the bardic tales
And I, peripheral, will worship thee. 

5 comments:

  1. Brilliant, drunk or not, absolutely brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very moving Sybil.Beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You write better with a bit of tizzy going on than I do stone cold sober. I love it! Good on Girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. I often find I write better when had a few. But would not attempt art work....!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is it "they" says? "Write drunk, edit sober." You did justice to the image, very well done.

    ReplyDelete